Hey Banana Bread! And... it's gluten free.
This recipe is is REALLY delish so of course, I had to make a post about it. I got the original recipe from Layla who is a food blogger and her site is called Gimme Delicious. I basically followed the recipe to the T... with the exception of adding nuts cause I'm nutty like that. Ha!
Since going gluten free in 2010 after a "Celiac" diagnosis, I am always on the search for yummy recipes to satisfy my sweet tooth. This banana bonanza does not disappoint!!!
Here goes the recipe and I've added in the brands I prefer. Feel free to swap out and sub to your liking.
* 2 cups gluten free flour (I like Bob's Red Mill)
* 4-5 ripe & mashed bananas
* 1/2 cup sugar (I use Wholesome Organic Cane Sugar)
* 1/2 stick butter softened (I use Land O' Lakes stick butter, like my Mom always did)
* 2 eggs (organic and pasture raised)
* 2 tablespoons milk (I used Califia Farms Unsweetened Almond Milk)
* 1/2 tsp vanilla (I used Frontier Organic Vanilla)
* 1 tsp baking powder (Bob's Red Mill)
* 1 tsp baking soda (Bob's Red Mill)
* 1/4 tsp salt (I used pink Himalayan Salt)
* 1/2 - 1 cup chocolate chips (I used 3/4 cup of Enjoy Life, Dark Chocolate Morsels)
* I added 1/2 cup chopped walnuts ⠀
* Preheat the oven to 350.
* Lightly grease a 9x5 loaf pan. I used a tiny bit of butter and spread with a paper towel.
* In a large bowl combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
* In a separate bowl mix together the butter and sugar. Stir in the eggs, milk, vanilla and mashed bananas until well blended. Then mix in chocolate chips and walnuts.
* Combine the two bowls together and stir until everything is moistened.
* Bake for 50-55 minutes. Check with a toothpick. If it comes out clean you’re good.
* Let the loaf cool for 15 minutes in pan. Then turn it onto a wire rack to cool for another 30 minutes.
* Slice and serve!
This lasted barely 12 hours in our house. Leave me a comment how you liked the recipe and how quickly it was gone at YOUR house. :)